19. The Raid

Smack, Stab, Kick, Shoot, Throw, Punch etc.
On my god The Raid is good!

It's a nuts and bolts tale of good vs. evil with some of the best head busting action scenes you will ever see. The sheer athleticism of the protagonist made me feel exhausted just watching it.

It kicks off as a big shoot-em up movie, slowly loses its guns, picks up some knifes, axes and then finally  turns into an amazing feast of martial arts punchery. If it only wins one award this year it will surely be for the most inventive use of a door frame.

And all this directed by a Welsh man who resides in Indonesia! You really couldn't make it up.

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe you watched this without me... You basically got me all excited and then didn't finish me off...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am known for poor finishing.

    Unlucky dude! Until the next time ;-P

    ReplyDelete