5. The Avengers

Feel the magic!
Not 'Avengers Assemble' as the poster states. It's The Avengers - at least that what I will continue to call it even though the dumb asses at Disney think I'll be hopelessly confused with this. Or even worse, this.

In fact on the BBFC certificate at the start of the film it states the title as 'MARVEL AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.' You couldn't make it up...

Anyway, after all this pontificating what's the film actually like? Well I'm happy to say it's bloody brilliant! Joss Whedon has crafted a story that manages to give all our heroes plenty of screen time and rattles along at a fair old pace! He has really put his stamp on what I feared, was to be another by the numbers super hero flick.

The script is smart, witty and has a real love & knowledge of the subject matter. I can't quite believe he's managed to pull everything together in such style. Even with the predictable CGI baddie finale, it's a sequence full of so many great moments that you just can't help but be enthralled by the whole thing. I think I'm actually still in shock of how good it is.

This is exactly what a big budget summer blockbuster should be. Big, loud and lorry loads of fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment